Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Panderer in Chief

Obama Dedicates Cesar Chavez National Monument

The dedication of the Cesar Chavez National Monument came not through legislative action but executive authority under the Antiquities Act. Though White House officials said it was a process long in the making, the formal dedication came as Obama’s campaign shifts toward a more intensive get-out-the-vote phase of its operation, one that includes a major focus on the Latino vote and will be augmented by labor muscle.

In my school years VW Beetles were the transportation of choice for lowly, under-resourced college students. Not known for their horse power, a favorite rear bumper sticker of the time was something to the effect: "Don't blame me, I'm pedaling as fast as I can!" 

I think I'd like to attach a variation of that classic bumper sticker to the tail of Air Force One: "Don't blame me, I'm pandering as fast as I can!"

1 comment:

Gringo said...

I think I'd like to attach a variation of that classic bumper sticker to the tail of Air Force One: "Don't blame me, I'm pandering as fast as I can!"

Whatever complaints one can have about Obama's work ethic as Chief Executive- missing intelligence briefings etc.- it has to be admitted that he works very hard at campaigning.Debate preparation excepted, of course.